Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PureDisk 6.6 installation problem

Kev_D
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi All
This is my first post on the forum.
I have attempted to install PureDisk 6.6 a couple of times now( on different servers) but following a seemingly successful installation of the PDOS, the following messages appear before the Welcome message:
  • unable to untar the puredisk tar to disk
  • unable to copy the puredisk tar to /opt/pdconfigure/var/nodesoftware
  • unable to insert pdinstgui into the run levels

The upshot of this is that, although the http://<ipaddress>/Installer mesasge appears, it is not possible to connect to it.
There is no sign of the tomcat server having been installed.
The installation guide speaks of /opt/pdinstgui/tomcat/bin/start.sh, but /opt/pdinstgui does not exist.

the folder /opt/pdconfigure/var/nodesoftware contains the file puredisk-6.6.0.29164.tgz

Any advice on how to get the installation back on track so that I can successfully run the Storage Pool Installation Wizard would be appreciated

Thanks
Kevin
3 REPLIES 3

Kev_D
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified
Ah well, first post and it turned out to be a corrupt DVD burn :(

Kevin_Good
Level 5
Certified
I've installed PDOS 6.6 ummmm a lot of times this week.  very early on in the process, I realized I was having this same issue... as I looked further into the process, I realized that the installer goes through 3 reboots before it's fully installed (you CAN'T remove the DVD after the first portion completes, without causing many problems)

Your best bet for installing, is to run through the initial configuration, and let YAST start it's package installation, then go to lunch...  When you come back, it should be sitting at a login prompt, now it's ready to configure.

Mik_Archer
Level 2
I have spent the last 2 days trying to complete an install of PureDisk 6.6 without success, I have numerious attempts where it simply would not get past the formatting of the root partition, I have to keep removing my ligical drive and re-sizing it, then trying the install again.
When I eventually get past this issue, I have issues with VxVD not being installed correctly, and when this is installed correctly with another re-build, I get to access the http://ip-address/Installer internittantly, I have not got past the stage of creating a disk group, the latest error is - "make gpt label failed with: Error: Could not stat device /dev/cciss!c1d0 - No such file or directory. "

I am tempted to go back to not using the web installer and using the command line to configure it, but I am not sure if the web Installer HAS to be used.

Anyone any ideas??

Thanks,
Michael