cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PureDisk Windows client installation error

Steve_S_
Level 3
Partner
I am trying to install the 32 bit client on a Windows 2k3 server.  The installation fails with a prompt "Installation was interrupted before it could complete".  The Windows application log simply gives an error that the server could not be contacted. The PureDisk installation log is even less helpful.  It shows the installation starts then stops with an error vaule=8. I checked DNS for problems and found none.  I repeated the installation several times. First with FQDN, then IP and finally the URL to the SPA.  All failed.  I have installed more than 20 clients pointing to this SPA over the last 2 days without any problems.

Has anyone experienced this problem yet?  Any resolution?  I have not found anything in the KB that is of any help.

Thanks in advance!

Steve
6 REPLIES 6

Tom_Burrell
Level 5
Can't say for sure about the error code, but for what it's worth- every time I get a client installation error, it turns out I'm putting in the password wrong.  Otherwise they always work fine.

Jim-m
Level 5

Hi

Apart from wrong password the other error I have seen is when you reinstall a client.  You have to deactivate the client in PD if you are going to do a reinstall with same ID number 

Craig_Deutsher
Not applicable

have you tried deleting the agent.cfg file in the clients install directory? and re-installing?

Clieman
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I have some experience and hope can help you.

1, Install PD agent with register, just install; then register using "pdregister" command, it will give you more hints

2, How about the license enought for the clients?

Regards,

Clieman

Steve_S_
Level 3
Partner

Thanks to all for your suggestions. 

This has been resolved but I don't really understand or know what the problem really was.  My client was the one installing the PD client on the server so I didn't actually see what he did when he installed it.  When I installed the client all worked fine and I was able to register it without any issues.  I caulk it up to IO error.  Thanks to all.

Abesama
Level 6
Partner

You might want to mark this question as 'resolved' then.

I vote for what Clieman wrote - I had installation problem with brand new client, and I followed the steps in technote http://support.veritas.com/docs/295322 and it really was helpful, I could find out which specific process of registration was the culprit.

As for me, the license key was 6.2 one, on the 6.5 SPA I was running, and the SPA refused to accept client registration - once I removed 6.2 license key and put 6.5 one, it went ok.