cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uninstall pure disk!

vmarquez
Level 3
Partner

Is  there some taks for uninstall the suite Puredisk 6.5, on suse PEDOS por example some shell scripts or anothers tools?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Peter_E
Level 4
Employee

PureDisk is a software appliance.  This means that the OS is built-in to the product and can not be separated.  So, no, you can not separate SuSE from PureDisk.

My question would be, why do you wish to make this separation?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Peter_E
Level 4
Employee

PureDisk is a software appliance.  This means that the OS is built-in to the product and can not be separated.  So, no, you can not separate SuSE from PureDisk.

My question would be, why do you wish to make this separation?

vmarquez
Level 3
Partner

This is becasue I installed puredisk in SESE 10 enterprise version instead of use PDOS, PDOS give me a lot of problems with sun solaris hardware servers! When I configure my storage with RAID in volumen disk systems PDOS get in crash the instalation

I wanted to separate SUSE 10 y Pure Disk for other task

regards

TomerG
Level 6
Partner Employee Accredited Certified
I'm pretty sure installing PD on a non-PDOS O/S is unsupported, and you'd probalby run into some problems down the track. I recommend contacting support if PDOS doesn't install properly on the hardware. When PD comes out with new versions and patches, it very often includes updates to the OS and things like drivers, etc.

Shashank
Level 4
GO through technical doc