cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

7.5 Replication Director questions

MortenSeeberg
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have some questions which I havent been able to find answers to, hope someone here knows about it:

1. I have not been able to test this myself yet (due to some issues we are trying to resolve with support - and since I have 0 successfull backups I cannot restore anything yet :) ). But as I understand,  the BAR GUI and OpsCenter should be able to handle and restore Filer snapshots (and OpsCenter is getting support to select backup copy number directly during restore). Since filers usually support LOTS of snapshots, will Repl. Dir. then be limited to the 10 "Maximum backup copies" NetBackup support or is this implemented using a different concept?

These questions relate to the NAdapter, which NetApp is responsible for, but since we are currently getting it from Symantec I assume this is the way to direct questions on this as well?

2. I feel the documentation lacks very much regarding the NAdapter for the NetApp DFM server, I see a lot of commands being run during installation and things being created in DFM. I would like to know EXACTLY what the NAdapter does to the DFM server during install, or else there is no way we create required changes and justify installing it on a production environment (and few customers have test DFM servers).
Also I need more official documentation on how to configure the DFM servers

3. Are there any plans on expanding support for on the DFM (Operations Manager) to the 5.x OnCommand versions? I am told by our NetApp team that all new implementations are 5.x and by end of Q1 next year > 60/70% of our customers DFM servers are on 5.x.
Same questions goes for OnTap versions. Currently 7.3.6 is supported, 75% of our customers NetApps are on 8.x and by end of Q1 next year >90%.

4. Is it a requirement that the DFM server is on Linux to use the DFM import tool, or is it one of the NetBackup server that must be Linux to use it? Or do I just need an external RedHat server for this work?

0 REPLIES 0