cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPLYING ORIGINAL LICENSE KEYS

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

Hi All, 

We have purchased ORIGINAL LICENSE and got license in an PDF format now my doubt is , in PDF it has two licenses as we have two SITES at SITE1 and SITE2 it means that i need to apply these two licenses per SITE or First one for MASTER and second one MEDIA server, on each site please advise.

Thanks,

Nayab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The KR** should be the only key you need for your organisation to backup up to 1TB of front end data in total

When you go capacity managed it gives you every agent and option apart from de-duplication

The OR** key is just for OpsCenter which will be able to monitor and manage all Masters as long as their is suitbale network connections

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

I can see the LICENSE keys say those are BASE EDITION what does that mean , hope these wil not work as OUR MEDIA SERVER CONNECTED REMOTELY to MASTER and ALL CLIENTS. PLEASE FIND THE SCREEN SHOT

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

The license you have is a TB Front end capacity license.

If they are both the same type then you can use one at each site

If the sites are in the same NetBackup domain then you can use either at each site

Do they both have the same description? (sometimes you get OpsCenter Anlytics free with capacity - the actual key if that was the case would be shorter than the normal NetBackup one)

Hope this helps

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

Hi Mark,

Hope you can look in to this image and confirm it and No the backup servers were not added in to any domains but these are in two different Data centres serving two different sites and please look in to the image below and confirm.

Thanks,

Nayab

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

Above image has two keys and its has description as BASE EDITION will this be applied to my knowledge if LCIENTS and MEDIA connected remotely we need to have ENTERPRISE LICENSE keys , else i can go head and apply these keys , please advise 

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

The KR** key is a NetBackup 7.5 license - this is the one you use for your Master and Media Servers at all sites (provided that you only have 1TB of data in total?)

The OR** key I believe is shorter in length? This is an OpsCenter Analytics key and should be added to OpsCenter when that component is installed - it will not work for NetBAckup

Hope this clears it up for you

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

Hey mark,

Is this confirmed that i can go head and apply these license keys and it will not be effecting my backups now as these are BASE EDITION , Do i really no need to have ENTERPRISE LICENSE KEYS as all my connectivity is a remote based.Hope i am almost done with this only left is to MARK YOUR REPLY as solution, After your final confirmation.Please advise 

Thanks,

Nayab

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

The KR** should be the only key you need for your organisation to backup up to 1TB of front end data in total

When you go capacity managed it gives you every agent and option apart from de-duplication

The OR** key is just for OpsCenter which will be able to monitor and manage all Masters as long as their is suitbale network connections

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

Hey Mark,

Thanks a lot.I appreciate your quick response and support.

Cheers !!!

Nayab