cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accelerator caused Journal log of 80 GB

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Recently we migrated to 7.5 and wanted to leverage benefits of accelerator with our Dedupe jobs which happens over WAN.

Strange behaviour we noticed was if we enable Use Change Journal option in Client Host properties, Then During 1st Full backup Accelerator is causing Journal Log building at Client end whopping entire System disk ... 80 GB in system drive.. System ran out of space...affecting other application.

Had any one faced this issue.

Note: If Change journal option is unchecked Log is not created.

23 REPLIES 23

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Spartacus81
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks guys.. has any one recently applied 7.5.0.4.. is it stable? sorry as it has only just released few hours ago?

OxBrOps
Level 3

We are getting this on a server that also has MSSQL 2005. It' possible that the large database file only need change by a very small amount to be considered a complete change, therefore there is rapid change of a large file, so the track log grows quickly.

Ours is at 433Gb because there is now no more free space.

The first thing I'm going to do is exclude the database files from the selection list for this client in NetBackup. Were are on 7.5.0.3 Has anyone tried 7.5.0.4 to see if it fixes this problem?

Spartacus81
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Gents;

Just to give you all an update.. my master is 7.5.0.3 and with 7.5 the client can be a higher version than the master.. so i applied the 7.5.0.4 patch, enabled the acclerator option; set the client side deduplation; ran the full so that the journal can be be built followed  by an incremental and it worked as expected. backups have been running quite happily from the past two weeks and journal files are less than 100meg of two backup streams as each stream for example C: has its own journal file and D: would have its own.. hope that helps..