cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Console slowness

tigerlover
Level 4

After I upgraded Master server from 7.1 to 7.5, when I open the" Media and Device Mangement"--> Media, it took about 50 minutes to display the contents. ( before upgrades, it only took 30 seconds ). Symantec support aksed me to upgrade to 7.5.0.6, but the problem is still there. Does anybody have this kind of experience? Symantec support suggested me to configure vm.conf on all Media servers but I have more than 70 media servers, I want this to be the last resort. Anybody has any better suggestion?

My master server is running on Solaris 10, clustered on T2000. I have two libraries 33 tape drives in these two libraries. The tape drives are shared in each library. Thanks in advance for your help!

7 REPLIES 7

tigerlover
Level 4

I am using Xwindows. I tried using Java client, it has the same problem.

Stumpr2
Level 6

I don't remember why, but I was instructed to do an immediate update from 7.5 to 7.5.0.4 when I upgraded from 7.1 to 7.5

Efi_G
Level 4

Run mpstat on the emm server check if there are any 0 idl threads

Symanetc claims that old Sparc servers aren't ideal for 7.5 

Check /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/nbjlogs/ for errors

watsons
Level 6

How long does it take if you were to run this on master server?

# /usr/openvnetbackup/bin/admincmd/nbemmcmd -listmedia -allrecords

# /usr/opeonv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -a

do the same on one of the media servers as well.

If you have OpsCenter, use that to generate media list view from the affected master server to see if it has the same slowness issue.

If using command line is fast, it could be the GUI issue, or something along the nbsl communication if OpsCenter is also experiencing the same.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

With image headers moved into EMM database, master servers need additional performance tuning.

Have a look at this TN: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH202840

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Also have a look at this Technote that references performance issues with T-Series sparc servers:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH204332

incog
Level 2

there is an eeb for the issue with the java console. I replaces a jar file. It has to do with the console checking the resilient network status.