cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authetication for SAP backups on HPUX

Sahil_Joshi
Level 4

Hi,

Earlier, we used to have SAP backups running on Windows machine. We run SAP but we dont use RMAN, we use Netbackup for SAP agent.There on Windows Box backup is perfectly fine.

Now the server is migrated to HPUX, but here i am facing issues while backup.

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
BR0310E Connect to database instance   failed

Now, when i used to get similar error, I used to restart NETBACKUP CLIENT SERVICE and run it through SAPADMIN account.

But here on HP Unix how to do it? How will Netbackup communicate with SAP oracle Database with the proper SAPADMIN account?

Thanks and Regards,

SAHIL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

One BIG difference between Windows and Unix agent backups:

On Windows you need to change the NBU Client Service logon account to run with the correct db/app permissions.
On Unix, all backups run as root. Look in the sample scripts on the client (/usr/openv/netbackup/ext/db_ext/sap/scripts/sap_oracle/) for use of "su - <user>" to ensure that the script runs with correct user permissions and env variables.

Extract:

CMD_LINE="$SAP_ENV brbackup -c -d util_file -t offline -m all"
## The username on the "su" command needs to be replaced with the correct
# user name.
#
echo "Execute $CMD_LINE"
su - orasap -c "$CMD_LINE"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this nice HOWTO could be the digest you need to verify your configuration.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO48173#v14758586

Also check you haven't got any adm user account and passwords locked or expired.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

One BIG difference between Windows and Unix agent backups:

On Windows you need to change the NBU Client Service logon account to run with the correct db/app permissions.
On Unix, all backups run as root. Look in the sample scripts on the client (/usr/openv/netbackup/ext/db_ext/sap/scripts/sap_oracle/) for use of "su - <user>" to ensure that the script runs with correct user permissions and env variables.

Extract:

CMD_LINE="$SAP_ENV brbackup -c -d util_file -t offline -m all"
## The username on the "su" command needs to be replaced with the correct
# user name.
#
echo "Execute $CMD_LINE"
su - orasap -c "$CMD_LINE"