Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR Boot server service not starting in windows server 2008 ent 64bit

Chukwuemeka
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Please is BMR boot server compactible with windows server 2008 enterprise 64bit

Attached to this comment are problems and errors when i try to run shared resource tree administration wizard..#

I really need to run the SRT on my master server.

Well this is my scenario, My NBU 7.0 is installed on windows server 2008 enterprise 64 bit, most of my clients that are backed up are 90% windows server 2003 32bit then 10% windows server 2008 64bit.

I try to run the SRT wizard i get the error "boot server not configured. Please run the bmrsetupboot program"..... of course this was what i did previously,

I ran the master server boot setup then also ran the bmr boot server setup on the master server. But i never got to see the master server in the BMR boot server interface.

My media server is also windows server 2008 enterprise 64bit and when i run the bmrsetupboot.exe -register command on the command prompt, it goes well but the services never gets started in services.msc and it never appears on the BMR boot server interface.

So i am begining to wonder if this is a problem with windows server 2008 enterprise 64bit, because if i run the command on any windows server 2003 machine immediately they automatically get added to the BMR boot server and their services are started automatically.

I need to do a BMR restore on both windows server 2008 enterprise 64bit and windows server 2003 32bit, how do i go about to create the SRT Cd and then burn the bootable ISO CD. All these features are all contained in the SRT administration wizard.

A quick response will be appreciated,

20 REPLIES 20

Chukwuemeka
Level 6
Partner Accredited

sure, i would just close this post and open a new one on the BMR step, i wrote in my last comment.

Once again thanks marianne for the suggestion and for all your contributions.....