cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR V6.0 - Problem doing "Prepare To Restore" on Windows 2003

Howard_Gillison
Not applicable
Good morning,

I am running BMR V6.0 on Netbackup 6.0 with a Solaris Master Server, Solaris Media Server, and a Solaris BMR Master.

I can do a Bare Metal Restore with no problems to ANY of my Solaris machines. This presents NO problems whatsoever.

When I attemtp to do a Bare Metal Restore to a Windows 2003 server, I cannot get the "Prepare To Restore" step to complete. I get a V-126-8 error stating that bmprep failed because "cannot find TrueImage date". I've tried a variety of things to correct this - none of them are working out. I also found doc #258097 that appears to address this issue - but even it seems to be flawed. I can go to any of the Windows Servers and select "True Image Backups" to display in the backup and restore window, and I do indeed see the True Image Backups. So I'd venture that something else would be incorrect.

Has anyone seen this problem? Any helpful Hints?

Thanks and have a great day,

Howard
7 REPLIES 7

Amilcar_Mescco
Level 2
Hello,

I just sign in to this Forum, I had the same problem, but in my case the master, media and BMR server was on Windows 2003, I solved this problem backing up using the directives ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES and SHADOW COPY COMPONENTS, all in backup selections, in the polices.

Good Luck

Bye

Josh_Goodin
Level 4
If you are restoring to a windows box, there has to be a windows BMR boot server in the mix, even if your master server is solaris.

KSG
Level 4

Hi,

In the Windows Policy, If Collect disaster recovery information for Bare Metal Restore attribute is not set, the client will not be protected by BMR.

Surya_2
Level 4
Certified
You are right!!

We have to enable the "Collect TIR info: yes, with move detection" in policy level. Then only it will be protected by BMR.
After enable this option, i kicked one backup. Which showed the details of nic drivers, os related stuff in BMR server.

Surya_2
Level 4
Certified
Hi,

Actually I tried to enable the DR option in policy level, but that option is grayed out. Even we installed the BMR license. So we are running the BMR protected clients by enabling the TIR. Which is creating huge size of logs in the client side. Which inturn creating disk problems in  the client side.

Please suggest whether it is a right way  to take backups or not?

Your suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Surya,
NetBackup Engineer.

KSG
Level 4
Hi,

If it is NB 6.0  wBMR license is required for each protected client. If you have already installed in the license in Netbackup Master server, then you should be able to see it in the Policy. Is MP 4 installed on master server?

Have you tried restarting the netbackup services after adding the license key.

wolfheader
Level 2
Partner
I have the same question,have you solved it now?

could you give me some help?thanks