Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPSTART & BPEND

Poon_William
Level 4
Hi All,

I have a strange experience with NB.

I have a NB policy with BPSTART_NOTIFY.policy_name and BPEND_NOTIFY.policy_name to perform pre and post actions. Two days ago I disabled the policy to perform some maintenance job. To my surprise, when I checked on the next morning, the BPSTART_NOTIFY.policy_name and BPEND_NOTIFY.policy_name were triggered although I did not see the policy being fired in the Activity Monitor. I verified with the BPSTART_NOTIFY and BPEND_NOTIFY log file and I can see that it was not triggered on the policy scheduled time but on a later hours.

I would like to know if there is any other event that can trigger BPSTART_NOTIFY and BPEND_NOTIFY other then running the policy ?

Rgds,
WP
2 REPLIES 2

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
It does seem strange.  I would expect that only a NetBackup job would run the scripts.  What actions are contained within the scripts?  Can you be sure that the actions contained within the scripts are definitely not executed by another scipt outside of NetBackup?

Poon_William
Level 4
Hi,

The scripts contains linkage of other scripts to start and stop Oracle database. I was quite sure that it was not triggered by others as I found BPSTART and BPEND logs created in /usr/openv/netbackup/bin directory. The database start and stop time in Oracle's alert log also coincide with the BPSTART and BPEND log creation time.

Rgds,
WP