cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG REPORT: Oracle restore job exits with status 0, but client times out waiting for server status after partial read of the backupset piece.

Taztopher
Level 5

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH74897&key=15143&actp=LIST

Anyone else been affected by this and found a good workaround or been provided a binary?

Regards

Mark Tarry

Symantec Certified – NBU 6.5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

"...
ETA of Fix:
Symantec Corporation has acknowledged that the above-mentioned issue is present in the current version(s) of the product(s) mentioned at the end of this article. Symantec Corporation is committed to product quality and satisfied customers.  This issue was scheduled to be addressed in the following release:

NetBackup 6.5 Release Update 7 (6.5.7)
NetBackup 7.1
..."

But, the

Master Download List
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH65429

states:

"...Note:  6.5.6 is the last planned 6.x Release.  6.x will be Supported until the End of Support Life in October 2012..."

Luckily, 7.1's now out!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

"...
ETA of Fix:
Symantec Corporation has acknowledged that the above-mentioned issue is present in the current version(s) of the product(s) mentioned at the end of this article. Symantec Corporation is committed to product quality and satisfied customers.  This issue was scheduled to be addressed in the following release:

NetBackup 6.5 Release Update 7 (6.5.7)
NetBackup 7.1
..."

But, the

Master Download List
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH65429

states:

"...Note:  6.5.6 is the last planned 6.x Release.  6.x will be Supported until the End of Support Life in October 2012..."

Luckily, 7.1's now out!

Taztopher
Level 5

Hi Andy

No plans for 7.1 yet - particularly in production, I asked the EET for a fix, if one has been created - still nothing.....

I do plan 7.1 sometime; maybe wait to 7.1.1 knowing Netbackup!

I wonder if 6.5.7 will ever be released,  Seems like even Symantec don’t know.....

Regards

Mark T

Symantec Certified – NBU 6.5

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

No, Mark, we really know there won't be a 6.5.7.  :)  Obviously we had planned it at one time and those plans changed.  The master download list has the latest information and that's what you should take as gospel.

Good news?  It looks like you're not the first person to ask about this.  If you need a 6.5.6 EEB, open a case with us, reference TECH74897 and Etrack 2305075 to get the EEB replacement for bptm which should contain a fix for this issue.

We'll try to get the TechNote updated.

Taztopher
Level 5

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the post, I already have a call open, but haven’t heard anything yet (been open for 1 week).

If you have any sway the call ref is 41416779

Cheers,

Mark T

Taztopher
Level 5

Im upgrading to 7.1 so will mark Andys post as fix (untested)