cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up MOSS 2007?

BeezSK
Level 4
I am trying to figure out how to do this. When I run the backup I get a status of 200, "scheduler found no backups due to run"
In my Master Server configuration there is a spot for Sharepoint hosts but I am unsure what to put in for Farm front-end host (this is the server the farm resides on?) and for Farm Component Host (no idea what this one is).
Anyone who is backuing up MOSS 2007 have some insight?
3 REPLIES 3

ucdsb
Not applicable
did you ever get an answwer to this question.  I ma having the same problem

NBU_TSE
Level 4
Employee

Hi,

This status code 200 is quite common with SharePoint backups.

To clarify your question. The Front-end host will be the SharePoint hosting the web application, where Central Admin runs from. The Farm Component Host will be where the database resides, SQL Server.

Please confirm what version of NetBackup you have installed?

I would suggest you have 6.5.2A installed on all SharePoint hosts (front-end and back-end). Remember Master Server and Media Server should always be the latest version, then clients.

Please check if the Sharepoint Frontend is able to enumerate and access all sharepoint resources of the farm.

In order to check this please log on the frontend server (where the Central Admin Console Web Application is running) and open BAR gui, if sharepoint resources do not show up there is some misconfiguration.

Please check that the Netbackup Client Service on the frontend runs as a user that has granted rights to backup sharepoint and that the same user has granted the permissions "Replace Process Level token" attribute in Local Security Policy (under User Right Assigment); a reboot will be necessary.

After this check the the Sharepoint Host properties have the NBU Client Service user credentials (domaind\user) configured under the client host properties from the Master Server.

If you want to configure Enable document restores, a disk Storage Unit must be selected, the frontend server as a client and the ONLY directive in the backup selection should be the Web Applcation :

MS SharePoint Resources:\Windows SharePoint Services Web Application\PortalName - 80\*

You can see the exact directive from the BAR GUI on the frontend server server.

Only one Web Application for policy is allowed when document level restore is enabled.

If you are still getting problems, then please contact Symantec Support, we can then troubleshoot this further. The problem may require a binary fix.

Hope this helps

Best Regards
Gary Yeardley (NetBackup Database Support Engineer)

RSRust
Level 4
I was experiencing the same issue and knew that I had all the permissions correct since I could run a backup from the BAR on the client.  After enabling and reviewing the logs I determined it was the Selections on the policy that were wrong.  The documentation lists as a selection: "Microsoft Share Point Resources:\", which would not work.  I changed this to "/Microsoft Share Point Resources/*" and the backups are now running fine in the policy.  I am using v.6.5.3 on both client and Linux master server.