cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Failed with Error 200

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

Hi All,

I have been facing error 200 on my Windows client when i see the detailed status it stated like low disk space on local disk but i have a free space of around 17GB. Please help me to troubleshoot this.

Thanks,

Nayab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Easiest will be is to uninstall client software and re-install on the bigger drive.

Another possibility is to change the registry entry for NBU temp directory:
HKLM\Software\Veritas\Netbackup\CurrentVersion\paths
The key is called _tmp_fs

Careful when changing path here - see other path entries to replace the relative path with a full path that includes a drive letter.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

When Netbackup backup Shadow Copy Components in Windows 2008 it's create a shadow copy on C (and C only for Shadow Copy Components). Somewhere from the deep pit of my mind something yelling me that you need to have 20G free. 

Try to monitor free space during backup.

Best Regards 

Nicolai

Dyneshia
Level 6
Employee

how much total space do you have where Netbackup is installed at ?

If you open Computer management -> storage -> Disk Management what percent is showing as free ?

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

Hi ,

I have 17GB of free space left on my C drive , Please suggest how much of space i need to have for my backups running fair and advise if i can move NETBACKUP to another DRIVE as i have around 135GB free space on my E drive . Is it possible to move it to another drive ?? If yes what are all the prerequsities ??

Thanks,

Nayab

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

Hi ,

Anybody there to help me out ?????

Thanks,

Nayab

Marianne
Level 6

Easiest will be is to uninstall client software and re-install on the bigger drive.

Another possibility is to change the registry entry for NBU temp directory:
HKLM\Software\Veritas\Netbackup\CurrentVersion\paths
The key is called _tmp_fs

Careful when changing path here - see other path entries to replace the relative path with a full path that includes a drive letter.

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the help, I would like to confirm how i will be able to change the registry i mean in the filed of data i need to change it to Ex:-  E:\nbu\temp ???

Thanks,

Nayab

Marianne
Level 6

You cannot specify paths in registry like that.

Compare with this path that I got from my own registry entries and adjust accordingly:

C:${_ps}Program Files${_ps}Veritas${_ps}NetBackup${_ps}bin${_ps}

e.g. E:${_ps}nbu${_ps}temp${_ps}

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

Hi Maria,

Thanks a lot for your support , As I have wrote an email to my client and he opted to re-install the NBU on to another directory.

Thanks,

Nayab

Marianne
Level 6

Please let us know if re-installing NBU on different drive letter has solved the problem.

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

Yes :) 

Marianne
Level 6

Please remember to close off this thread by selecting the post that has helped you most and 'Mark as solution'. 
Doing so will also provide a quick link to other users battling with the same issue.

Nayab_Rasool
Level 6

Hi MAria,

Thank you

Regards,

Nayab