cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Window

H_Sharma
Level 6

Hello Experts,

We had an outage yesterday and due to which many backups did not get scheduled.

I need to know if backup window is difined from 12 Am to 7 AM for some policies and Backup schedular is down during this period.

and starts at 8 Am, Would backups of these policies  happen or these will get missed?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Yes would need to run them manually, or increased (opened) the backup window. They wont run by themselves. Do you use calender or frequency based schedules?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RiaanBadenhorst
Backups will only run get kicked off during the open window. You can extend the window to get them started and revert your change afterwards.

RiaanBadenhorst
If you use frequency scheduling its sometimes better to copy the policy and run it, but this also has effects on things like accelerator. Determine the best course of action for your environment

H_Sharma
Level 6

Thanks Riaan

I could see many backups did not happen. Is this the reason as nebackup master server was down.

Should i have to manually re-fired the backups in the morning?

RiaanBadenhorst
Yes would need to run them manually, or increased (opened) the backup window. They wont run by themselves. Do you use calender or frequency based schedules?

H_Sharma
Level 6

Thanks Riaan.

Some policies are calender based and some are frequency based.

So does it matter if policies are calender or frequency based?

RiaanBadenhorst

Hello

In the above scenario (12-7am) on a calender schedule , you can run the job manually at 8 am. The next time it needs to run, either tomorrow, or next week, it will run fine at 12am.

In the above scenario (12-7am) on a frequency schedule , if you run the job manually at 8 am. The next time it needs to run, either tomorrow, or next week, it would not run during the 12-7am window because it ran at 8am.