cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup a folder which is excluded on a Client

Marcus_Sch__2
Level 3
Hi,

have NB6 running on Windows 2003 Server.

I have a policy for backup a remote windows 2003 server. On this server i have 2 folder which i dont want to backup in the daily backup cyclus.

Ive setup another policy running on saturday which uses a special volume pool of tapes. This policy should backup those 2 folders but didnt succeed (status 71 - none of the files exist).

I think the problem is, that i exluded those 2 folders on the client options of the server.

How to setup this correct when i want to backup a hole server exluding 2 folders. Those 2 folder shall be backuped once a week on saturday.

Thanks a lot,
Marcus
2 REPLIES 2

Patrick_Merriga
Level 3
Marcus,

When excluding the folder you want excluded on your daily backup you should exclude by policy name and schedule.

All you need to do is type in the policy name as opposed to all_policys and the schedule name opposed to all schedules, select the folders you do not want to exclude under your daily policy\schedule that should do it.

When your weekly job runs it should be fine and backup all folders, just ensure you remove the current exclusion.

Marcus_Sch__2
Level 3
yes thats it, thanks.

Marcus