cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup is running but no data is being backed up

Madhusudana_D
Level 3

Hi All

Backup job is running for more than 48 Hrs but no data is being backed up. Please find the server details below.

Master Server

Netbackup Version – 6.5.6

OS Version – Solaris 10

Client –

Netbackup Version – 6.0

OS Version – Windows 2003 SP2 Enterprise Edition

Media Server –

Netbackup Version – 6.5.6

OS Version – Solaris 10

Please help me to resolve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PraveenCH
Level 4

Hello Madhusudana,

If this is the only client effected in the media server then its a problem at client side. if many clientsare effected then problem will be on media server side.

Usually in case of only client effected, check for NIC performamce and status. Also check for bpbkar logs on client for any errors and event logs to find and system or application level errors. If snapshot is enabled check for snapshot options and freespace on disk.

--Praveen

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need logs to troubleshoot.

On media server : bpbrm and bptm

On client: bpcd and bpbkar

Please upgrade client to NBU 6.5.6 ASAP - unpatched version 6.0 was the worst release ever.....

Luv_Rai
Level 3
Certified

Restart the LTID service on media server and try, If no go same try on master server

PraveenCH
Level 4

Hello Madhusudana,

If this is the only client effected in the media server then its a problem at client side. if many clientsare effected then problem will be on media server side.

Usually in case of only client effected, check for NIC performamce and status. Also check for bpbkar logs on client for any errors and event logs to find and system or application level errors. If snapshot is enabled check for snapshot options and freespace on disk.

--Praveen

Madhusudana_D
Level 3

Hi Marianne & Praveen,

We have only problem with this client.

Please find attached log

On media server : bpbrm and bptm

On client: bpcd and

i am collecting Bpbkar log & i will upload it.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Client with multiple interfaces?

I see two connection attempts to bpcd on client from two different media servers:

Media server: 172.22.13.200  stcnbps1-nbu  
Media server: 172.22.13.100 stcnbpm4-13nbu

Client interface: 172.22.13.118  <hostname???>

This interface seems to be the default on the client: 10.20.213.58

Do you have a separate hostname associated with each interface?
Did you add Required_Interface entry on client? 
Please post output of 'bpclntcmd -self' on the client.

PLEASE drop down logging level on the media server - you can see that the size makes it almost impossible to read with Notepad or Wordpad (Symantec Support has tools to extract relevant info from level 5 logs). Level 0 logs are sufficient for day-to-day troubleshooting.

Are the bpbrm and bptm logs  from either stcnbps1 or stcnbpm4? We need to follow the comms starting with bpbrm on media server -> bpcd on client -> bpbkar on client -> bptm on media server.

Level 0 logs, please! Unless you are collecting logs in order to open a support call.

Madhusudana_D
Level 3

When i went to check NIC speed of backup interface & found Network services were hung on that Windows client machine. Backup is completed successfully after rebooting the server.

Thank you all for ur Help

This is my 1st thread & got solution :)