cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup job details - Reporting

squesnel
Not applicable

Hi,

I want to be able to produce a simple report containing details about successfull or failed jobs.  I need the client name, the status and the file list.  Those details are available in the GUI if you open the job details window.  But I need a way to generate an automated reports containing those information.  It is not possible to create that kind of report with the free verison os OPSCenter.  The command bpdbjobs (even while using the -all_columns parameter) does show a lot of data but still not the file list information you can see on the first pane of the job details window.  Does anyone know if there is a way to extract that kind of information?  By the way, we are on Netbackup 7.1.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

It is possible but it is not easy

We have a managed service account that insists on exactly this every morning and it has taken a little setting up to do it.

We run the bpdbjobs report and then run a vb script at the output to extract everything we need

There is a bit more to it than that obviously as we also have a cleanup macro that runs in Excel for a final tidy up

It isnt easy but can be done!

Hope this gives you a pointer - if i said any more i would have to charge you for PS!

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6

Field 32 represent number of lines, and file list is in subsequent fields.

# bpdbjobs -all_columns | grep ^44, | tr , '\n' | cat -n | sed -e '32,35p;d'
    32  2                            <--- number of file list lines
    33  /dev/emcpowerz       <--- file list
    34  /dev/emcpowery       <--- file list
    35  2                            <--- try count
#

For detail, check NetBackup 7.1 Commands page 111.
http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3684

Tmy_70
Level 5

A monitoring loop:
# while true;do clear; vmoprcmd; echo "active"; bpdbjobs -report |grep -i act;echo "queued"; bpdbjobs -report |grep -i que;bpdbjobs -summary;bperror -U -backstat -hoursago 24| tail -15l; sleep 5; clear; done

/usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf

# add formatiing bpdbjobs
BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = Status 6 true
BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = Client 6 true
BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = Policy 6 true
BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = Schedule 8 true
BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = Server 6 true
BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = Ended 6 true
BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = KILOBYTES 6 true
BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = ELAPSED 6 true
BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS = KBPERSEC 6 true