cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bare metal master servers

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Changing the subject, to install the bare metal servers in a solaris master, installers are in the same half of the installing netbackup for solaris or is a separate component of the installation media that I download?, I need to get the bare metal version 6.5 restore to install on the master servers with solaris 10, I can indicate a link to download

17 REPLIES 17

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have moved this request to a new discussion. Please always keep subjects separate and mark a thread as Solved once your question has been answered.

BMR is part of 'Options and Agents '. As from 7.x, BMR master is installed as part of the default master server installation.

Download  NetBackup Unix Options/Database Agents (NetBackup_6.5_UnixOptions.tar.gz ) from FileConnect. You will need your Unix Server Serial # on your license key certificate.

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

You can install the Bare Metal Master Servers 6.5.5 on a solaris 10 also have the roles of master and media servers currently have version 6.5.5 without having installed the previous version 6.5 Bare metal master servers on the same computer ? Can be installed directly or install version 6.5?

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

>> Can be installed directly or install version 6.5?

You need to install bmr master 6.5 version first as it is FULL package then apply 6.5.5 bmr patch to upgrade to 6.5.5 level.

Thanks.

-Mandar

Marianne
Level 6

You need to download Options and Agents from  FileConnect , then install the base BMR Master package, then patch with 6.5.5.

Links to all 6.5.5 patches can be found here:      http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76642    

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

know of a link to download the BMR 6.5?, because the link appears only mention BMR 6.5.5 and as said first need to have the package of 6.5 BMR 6.5.5 before installing the BMR

Marianne
Level 6

I have given you the link twice:  https://fileconnect.symantec.com/ 

Please see my previous 2 posts.

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

database of bare metal restore master servers on Solaris, you can transform ascsi?

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

What do you mean here?

-mandar

Marianne
Level 6

I believe that we have answered your question about where to download BMR master server software from.

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Download the NetBackup Bare Metal Restore 6.5 for Unix as well install it on the master server roles of servers, the question is which route is installed in the database you created when you install the bare metal servers in the server master solaris?

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified

Not sure If I follow, but BMR has its own DB.  Are you wanting to know the location of the new BMR DB?

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

exactly

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified

/usr/openv/db/data/BMRDB.db

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

boot servers that role does architecture, for example, if active in politics for Bare Metal Recovery server is Windows, you should have a boot servers to be the highest level of operating system?

Marianne
Level 6

I believe that your request for BMR boot server software download link has been answered.

Please select the post that has answered your question and mark that as Solution.

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks

Marianne
Level 6

I have cleared the solution.

You will agree that "Thanks" is not the solution to your initial question.