cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not see Enterprise Vault policy type

rjrumfelt
Level 6
All,

I am getting ready to turn up an EV environment for backups, and I've verified that we have the EV license installed and that it is active, yet I am unable to see the "Enterprise_Vault" policy type in the drop down list of a new policy.

Does anyone know if there is anything that I need to manually do to get the EV policy type to show up?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need an Application & Dabase Agent that was issued after 6.5.4 release. If you have pre-6.5.4 license key, you need to upgrade it.
See this Customer Care article:
http://customercare.symantec.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/279/kw/NetBackup%20Enterprise%20Vault/r_id/166

If you are using the 6.5 Java GUI on your desktop, you need to upgrade that as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need an Application & Dabase Agent that was issued after 6.5.4 release. If you have pre-6.5.4 license key, you need to upgrade it.
See this Customer Care article:
http://customercare.symantec.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/279/kw/NetBackup%20Enterprise%20Vault/r_id/166

If you are using the 6.5 Java GUI on your desktop, you need to upgrade that as well.

rjrumfelt
Level 6
and I'm pretty sure our license was purchased sometime in December 09 or Jan 10, so I would think it is valid.  I'm not sure if it matters, but below is the output from our license info:

NetBackup License Keys

License Key:   
  Host:         
  Date Added:    01/06/2010 12:57:59
  Product:       NetBackup Enterprise Server
  Feature:       SAN Client (Active)
  Feature:       Enterprise Vault Agent (Active)

I was doing some research, and I never use the Windows GUI, but just to see, I opened it up, and it is available there, so I guess it isnt a licensing issue.  Our Java admin consoles have been upgraded to 6.5.4, so I'm not sure why I can't see it in the Java GUI, which is going to be a pain for me b/c I despise the Windows GUI

rjrumfelt
Level 6

We were told that the GUI was upgraded so I went on good faith sayng that it was

but it isnt.