cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you make a 6.5.4 client installation CD from the /usr/openv/netbackup/clients folder?

Trevor_Jackson1
Level 4
Partner
Hi NBU gurus,

I have a very intreging question:

Can you make a complete installation CD from the /usr/openv/netbackup/clients folder?

The question was from another NBU admin on my team, when we came to install some new clients after upgrading to NBU 6.5.4, he noticed that the files within the clients folder were updated by LiveUpdate.

The initial installation of 6.5.0 is about 650MB and each folder under the client folder contains such an amount? but i'm unsure if it is possible.

We normally install 6.5 and liveupdate and then run a nbliveup from the client to upgrade to the latest version. As you can see its a bit elongated and I would like a straight install from 6.5.4 if it is possible.

Any advice or comments welcome.

Thanks

Trevor 
4 REPLIES 4

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I don't think you can. The reason for the client binaries being updated are the possibility to push them out with "install_client_files" script.

There was a technote for NBU 5.1 describing how to move the binaries from the client installation directory to the client and perform a manual install, but I can find it, and may not be valid for 6.5.

zippy
Level 6
 Download it from the web site put it on a share if its windows or on a file system if its unix

Pravs
Level 4
Employee
How come the above post is marked as a solution?

jnardello
   VIP    Certified
Why not do an ftp install to a server, hack the resulting /tmp/bp/bp_config script a bit to set the CLIENT_NAME to the hostname (i.e. CLIENT_NAME=`hostname` ), then bundle /tmp/bp up into a tarball that you can install as-needed ? 

Repeat for the rest of your various UNIX OSes and then burn to a CD if desired. =)