cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot backup from File Server that store data in SAN storage

Sophal
Level 2
Hi.
When I try to back up data that store in D: drive from my File Server that its mount from SAN Arrays Storage, and it show in the status is done successfull, But all image files inside the backup folder is show only 1KB. Then  I try to restore at the File Server (Netbackup-Client), it can show the Date/Time of I just made backup but it show one warning digalog "WARNING: unable to obtain list of files using specified search criteria." and it show nothing in the file list.

But if I backup from C: drive of my File Server, it can backup successfull and also I can restore it back from client side.
My C: drive is normal RAID Drive that store in local server not mount from SAN Storage.

Is it because of the problem between connection my backup server and my SAN Arrays Storage?
Since I'm new with Netbackup, did any one tell me how to check the connection of fibre link from my SAN Storage to the Backup Server (Windows 2003R2)?

Waiting for your kindly response soon.

Thansk in advances.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Run a test with a User backup.
Add a User Backup schedule to an existing policy and add an open window to cover the test period.
Log on to the client, open the BAR GUI and 'Select for Backup'.
Expand the D-drive and check if all sub-folders are visible. Select one of the subfolder and run the backup.
If this is working fine, check the logon account for the NetBackup Client Service - you might have to change the logon account to a service account with sufficient rights on the D-drive.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Run a test with a User backup.
Add a User Backup schedule to an existing policy and add an open window to cover the test period.
Log on to the client, open the BAR GUI and 'Select for Backup'.
Expand the D-drive and check if all sub-folders are visible. Select one of the subfolder and run the backup.
If this is working fine, check the logon account for the NetBackup Client Service - you might have to change the logon account to a service account with sufficient rights on the D-drive.

Dave97
Level 2
It could be that you need to check the "cross mount points" tick box in the policy.
We have to do this backing up some SAN attached storage

rj_nbu
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
1. when you say "But all image files inside the backup folder is show only 1KB.", where are you looking ? Can you provide a screenshot
2. What is the policy type ? Ms-Windows-NT or Flashbackup-Windows ?

Sophal
Level 2
Hi rj_nbu,
After the process is completed, and then i saw the backup image inside my backup folder, all file are 1KB.
This process I choose the MS-WINDWOS-NT and backup to local HDD.