cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot uninstall Netbackup 7.0 on a Win2008 Exchange 2007 Cluster

Tacfire
Level 3

Does anyone have any install advice.  I installed Media Server onto a Exchange 2007 Cluster, running on Windows 2008.  I installed the media servers on each node, but then was informed by Tech Support that I should have installed the Client instead of Media Server.  OK, so now I'm trying to uninstall Media Server, but half way through I get WMIPrvse.exe errors, and can't kill these processes as they continually respawn.  Any suggestions?  I need to get these servers on line :(.

Thanks

***** EDIT *****
Moved this post to appropriate forum

Marianne van den Berg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ravi_Singh
Level 4
Employee Accredited
Hi,

Stop the Windows Management instrumentation service from the services console and you will be able to uninstall.

Regards

`Ravi Singh

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rajesh_s1
Level 6
Certified
You can try to run the same EXE by right clicking on it and run as administrator and then you will get option to modify , repair & remove.

Then select the option 'Remove' and proceed that will completely uninstall the installation .

Regards,
rajesh

Ravi_Singh
Level 4
Employee Accredited
Hi,

Stop the Windows Management instrumentation service from the services console and you will be able to uninstall.

Regards

`Ravi Singh

Nam_Ly
Not applicable
Employee
Hi Marianne,

Has this issue been escalated to customer support?  If there is no titan case for this is there anyway you could send the uninstall logs to me?

For Windows 2008, they would be located at:

C:\ProgramData\Symantec\NetBackup\InstallLogs\BKUPINST.HTM and
C:\WINDOWS\bkupinst.log

We would need both.  Also if you could provide a screenshot of the WMIPrvse.exe errors that would be helpful.

All this information would be useful for us to get to the root of the problem.

Thanks,

Nam

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi Nam

My only involvement was to move the post to the NBU forum - it was posted on the Cluster forum.

I was hoping the user would follow Ravi's advise and get back to us...

Tacfire
Level 3
That worked like a charm, thanks to all ;-).