cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Volume Pool name

rsm_gbg
Level 5

Hi,

I'm splitting my Monhtly pool into 2 different ones.

If I change the Volume Pool name for the current one will it change the name in the netbackup db as well?

So all current backups will be found if I need to restore?

Or if I need to restore the catalog.

- Roland

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

It is not possible to change the name of a volume pool, you can create new ones, but not change the name of a current one 

You can create a new volume pool(s) and start to use this /these as you wish with new backups.  

Any tapes that contain current backups will have to remain in their current volume pool, as it is not possible to change the volume pool  a tape is on if it contains backups, there is no way around this.

You could create new pools and duplicate the images on tapes in the old pool onto tapes in the new pool.

Martin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

It is not possible to change the name of a volume pool, you can create new ones, but not change the name of a current one 

You can create a new volume pool(s) and start to use this /these as you wish with new backups.  

Any tapes that contain current backups will have to remain in their current volume pool, as it is not possible to change the volume pool  a tape is on if it contains backups, there is no way around this.

You could create new pools and duplicate the images on tapes in the old pool onto tapes in the new pool.

Martin

rsm_gbg
Level 5

Ok, I feared that was the case.

I guess I'll have to create a new one and use the old name on the first.

Thanks,

- Roland