cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change schedule on daily report

Frank666
Level 4

Hi

I just got the task to look at the NetBackup server for our company and I need to say that this is fairly new to me.

Each day we receive a report of the written tapes for last night backups, the tapes that are in the Scratch pool and also the error logs.

On the NetBackup server I found the reports that are generated under "Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\Scripts\Reports" and I alos found the scripts that are called to produce the reports under "Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\Scripts".

Now what I want to do is to change the schedule when the scripts are executed to produce the reports.  At first I though it would be a task scheduled in Windows but I can't find it there so it must be somewhere else...

Any help on this would be appreciated.   Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Frank666
Level 4

Thanks for your reply

It appears that I was wrong and that the notification came from a scheduled task in Windows.

The scheduled task was calling a custom batch file used to send the report by email.

I was able to change the schedule so it's working now

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

They could have this using some notify scripts.

Notify scripts are run when something happens. Like when a job starts or a job ends.

My first thought.....

in the Netbackup\bin dir

look for parent notify scripts and see if they have any coding in them to run the reports.

If I were doing this I would say when the catalog finishes do the reports.

there are other notify scripts in the dir as well that may run the reports.

Frank666
Level 4

Thanks for your reply

It appears that I was wrong and that the notification came from a scheduled task in Windows.

The scheduled task was calling a custom batch file used to send the report by email.

I was able to change the schedule so it's working now

Thanks