cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing expiration date of tapes using bpexpdate

Clayton_Walter
Level 4
I am trying to figure out the best way to change the expiration date on groups of tapes. For example, I would like to be able to change a group of tapes that are part of a monthly retention pool to a yearly retention pool. bpexpdate has three options for changing expiration dates using the command as far as I can tell; entering a specific date, using the value 0 to expire the tape immediately, or using infinity. Is there an easier way to issue a command to re-assign tapes to a different retention level?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Clayton
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dennis_Strom
Level 6
to change retention
bpimmedia -l -mediaid P00113 | egrep -v NULL
bpexpdate -recalculate -backupid imageidfromabovelist -ret 4 -sched 0 -force

to list only images on a volume
bpimmedia -l -mediaid P00054 | egrep -v NULL | awk '{print $4}'

get a list of tapes by date
bpimagelist -media -U -d 12/01/2006 12:12:12 -e 12/04/2006 12:12:12 -M gretzky | awk '{print $1}' >> tapes

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Dennis_Strom
Level 6
to change retention
bpimmedia -l -mediaid P00113 | egrep -v NULL
bpexpdate -recalculate -backupid imageidfromabovelist -ret 4 -sched 0 -force

to list only images on a volume
bpimmedia -l -mediaid P00054 | egrep -v NULL | awk '{print $4}'

get a list of tapes by date
bpimagelist -media -U -d 12/01/2006 12:12:12 -e 12/04/2006 12:12:12 -M gretzky | awk '{print $1}' >> tapes

Ankur_Kumar_3
Level 3
you can use the
bpexpdate -m < media id > -d -host < name of the media server on which the media id locates > -force -M < master server name >

and
vmchange -M master -h volhost -exp mm/dd/yy -m mediaid to change the expiration on the voldb

ciao
Ankur Kumar

Clayton_Walter
Level 4
Thanks for the replies. That answers my original question that there isn't a simpler way of changing the expiration date. That's one of my annoyances with Netbackup - the fact that so much must be done through the CLI. Time to put together a batch file :)

Dennis_Strom
Level 6
points are appreciated.