cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client backup error 59

Learning_Everyd
Level 5

NBU Newbie here - I need assistance in figuring out why this policy keeps getting denied access.

10/28/2011 11:14:01 AM - estimated 66268838 kbytes needed
10/28/2011 11:14:03 AM - started process bpbrm (37520)
10/28/2011 11:14:04 AM - connecting
10/28/2011 11:14:05 AM - Error bpbrm(pid=37520) bpcd on BOSS exited with status 59: access to the client was not allowed
10/28/2011 11:14:06 AM - end writing
access to the client was not allowed(59)

NBU services on media servers are using local account.  I don't have access to the remote client so I can't check anything there.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim

7 REPLIES 7

Will_Restore
Level 6

Someone who does have access will need to add Master Server and Media Server to NetBackup client properties

• On Windows clients: Add the server on the Server to use for backups and restores drop-down in the Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type dialog box. To display this dialog box, start the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface on the client. Then click Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type on the File menu.

• On UNIX and Linux, and Macintosh clients: add a SERVER entry in the bp.conf file.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Bill is right - you need assistance from server owner. The problem can only be solved on the client. Important step is to verify that client can resolve servers incoming IP address to hostname in SERVER list. Ask server owner to create bpcd log to check/verify this lookup/validation process.

Learning_Everyd
Level 5

Yeah I figured that's what was needed.  I was just hoping I could do something from my end without engaging the dreaded "DEV Team Admins"! 

I'll keep you posted,

Thanks,

LE

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
Run bpgetconfig -M clientname -x this will the client bp.conf is for sure they dont have full list of media servers there

Learning_Everyd
Level 5

Results :

C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>bpgetconfig -M BOSS -x
SERVER = ma-l06
SERVER = ma-l12
SERVER = ma-l14
SERVER = ma-l101
SERVER = ma-l102
SERVER = ma-l103
CLIENT_NAME = BOSS
BUSY_FILE_DIRECTORY
BUSY_FILE_NOTIFY_USER = root
RANDOM_PORTS = YES
VSP_CacheVols
VSP_Cache_Size_Init = 30
Policy_Type = 0
VERSIONINFO = "Linux" "2.6.9-89.0.25.ELsmp" "Unknown" "NetBackup" "5.1" 510000 

I see our master and media servers are listed.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If the client is unable to resolve IP address to one of the names in the SERVER list or to anything that does not exactly match the spelling of a name in the SERVER list, status 59 will be the result.

You REALLY need bpcd log on the client to troubleshoot.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
On the client(BOSS), check IP address resolved for each servers listed as SERVERS. If it is not matched with IP address that is used as source IP address when media server connect to BOSS, BOSS reject the connection. By the way, it seems that your BOSS is too old that have NetBackup 5.1 installed. What version of NetBackup is installed on master/media servers?