cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clone Media from Netbackup6.0

Nedcor42002
Level 3

Hi All

Can someone give me some hints how i can duplicate / clone a set of media to another media from Netbackup6.0?

For example, how can i clone 2 tapes that contained last night backup to 2 blank new tapes? So i can send off the these 2 new tapes to offsite and keep 2 original backup tape in library?

Do we need to run schedule script in order to do that?

Thanks

Jack

2 REPLIES 2

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

You can either:

a) Produce multiple copies when the backup is being run. Set via the Schedule/Attributes tab in the Policy. Obviously this will mean double the resource utilization during the backup

or

b) Use the Catalog utility duplication function. Used to duplicate backups/images after the backup has been taken so you can run this whenever you have available resources.

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6

Couple of options you have -

You can use multiple copy option under schedule to create multiple copy at the time of original backup but for  this inline copy option you need a license (I don't know if it is included in base or not, it used to be a license product)

You can use Vault to duplicate the images and it lets you schedule the activites but again it requires additional license

You can duplicate the media by using catalog utility in java console.

You can use bpduplicate command and that's your best option if you don't want to purchase license and want to script it.