cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command for moving images from one DSU to another DSU

Chris_Sayles
Level 4
Hello,

My existing San has run out of space, so I am add another San. Is there command for moving the images of the existing San to the new San so I can make the old San redundant?

I have Netbackup 6.0MP5 on a Windows platform.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris
3 REPLIES 3

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6
I am not aware of command to move the images to other Storage Unit other than duplicating the image to new storage unit. You can try following process -

This procedure can be done by searching for all images related to the storage unit in question, duplicating them, to another storage unit, then expiring them. The max number of backups in the global attributes set high enough to allow for additional backup copies.  Also, if a lot of images are to be duplicated.  Ensure that the duplications are not initiated at a time where it could impact other server activities, like backups.

1.  The left hand pane of the Administration Console, select "Catalog".
2.  In the "action" dropdown, select "Duplicate".
3.  Set all selections to encompass the backups that need to be migrated.  Ensure this includes the date.
4.  Click "search now".
5.  When the results appear, select them all, right click and select "duplicate"
6.  In the window that appears, select the storage unit that the images will be moved to.
7.  When duplications complete, return to the catalog section.  Search again for the images belonging to the storage unit as before.  However, note that if the primary copy has changed, searching with the criteria of "primary copy" may no longer provide desirable results.

Message Edited by Rakesh Khandelwal on 09-28-2007 10:17 AM

Message Edited by Rakesh Khandelwal on 09-28-2007 10:18 AM

Chris_Sayles
Level 4
Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Chris

Rithesh
Level 4
Hi All,

If i duplicate the images to another storgae unit & expiry the image from the original storage unit, will restoration of these image will occur any problems????

Ritz