cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of Robotic Librery using CLI.........

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi All,

There is no proper step bt step guide of configuration purely in CLI.

So can any one provide us the step by step of Robotic librery configuratio.

And also some best practice in configuration.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi..

It is very true ..that CLI way of deployment is very risky type of jobs in our mission critical projects at client place.

But I was just curious about the steps involved in doing the installation at the back end as I can guess that the GUI uses these CLI commands to configure the things.

I have one more request , what were the CLI command in configuration of Tape librery and inserting or replacing new Tapes and also what were the day to day command line (Other then bperror and bp imagelist) for checking the backup.

Thanks.

Mrinal.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

in CLI."

There maybe a very good reason for that - there are so many things to consider that the chances of incorrectly configuring your environment this way could be quite high.

The command you will need to investigate will be tpconfig. I would print out the available options (man page) but they are vast. e.g. the following is just for adding a drive:

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig  -add  -drive  -type  drvtype
     -path    drivepath    [-nh    ndmp_hostname]   [-vhname
     optical_volume_header_drive_name]   [-asciiname   asci-
     idrivename]   [-index   drvindex]]  [-shared  [yes|no]]
     [-cleanfreq hours] [-comment comment] [-drstatus  UP  |
     DOWN  |  DISABLED]  [-scsi_protection [SPR | SR | NONE]
     [-robot robnum -robtype robtype] [-noverify] [-robdrnum
     robdrvnum  |  -VendorDrvName  venddrvname | -ACS acsnum
     -LSM lsmnum -PANEL panelnum -DRIVE drivenum] [-preview]

tpconfig on its own will open up a character based menu system from where devices can also be configured - see the 6.5 Admin Guide (Volume 2).

In all honesty I believe the simplest, & probably recommended, way will be thru' the GUI/wizard.

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi..

It is very true ..that CLI way of deployment is very risky type of jobs in our mission critical projects at client place.

But I was just curious about the steps involved in doing the installation at the back end as I can guess that the GUI uses these CLI commands to configure the things.

I have one more request , what were the CLI command in configuration of Tape librery and inserting or replacing new Tapes and also what were the day to day command line (Other then bperror and bp imagelist) for checking the backup.

Thanks.

Mrinal.