cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying/Configuring KMS from Netbackup 6.5.6 to 7.5

Iwan_Tamimi
Level 6

Hi All,

I am still not familiar with the KMS. Our current system using KMS using the free one (up to 2 Policies). Currently we are in the middle or project, to upgrade to version 7.5 (the migration will be done by Symantec). Meanwhile I need to create test environment, how I copy the current KMS configuration (Netbackup 6.5.6) to our new test netbackup (7.5)

Thank you,

Iwan Tamimi

3 REPLIES 3

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
please check "KMS best practices" described in NetBackup 6.5.4 Documentation updates. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH67322 BTW, cross version migration could be unsupported. To migrate, you should follow one of below: * upgrade current server first, then backup and recover KMS * backup and recover KMS into new 6.5.6 server, then ugrade it.

Iwan_Tamimi
Level 6

Thank you for the response.I am sorry I am still got no time to try it, butt looks like soon I have to do it. I will let you know the result.

Regards,

Iwan

Iwan_Tamimi
Level 6
Hi All, Because we are in the middle of migration from 6.5.6 on HPUX to 7.5.04 on RHEL 61. We asked the Symantec suppor can we jut copy, they said it wount be supported. but when I asked the Symantec Migration team they said can be don. So what I did: o I did one backup on the encryption pool (later I will imported on the new server) o Stop the Netbackup on HPUX and copy the /usr/openv/kms directory to RHEL o Restart Netbakup on RHEL o First test I did is backup to the encryption pool - OK o Second I import a tape the one I did on HPUX and I tried to restore - OK o Everything looked OK after that Regards, Iwan