cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DD boost storage show DOWN after upgrading 7.5x

kat1234
Level 4
Partner Accredited

After upgrading from 6.5.x to 7.5x, we find the Data Domain (DD670) storage which configure as DD boost in Netbackup is show as "DOWN", we use nbdevconfigure to up all the pools belonging to this storage several times and even we restart all the master and media server. It is still show as "DOWN" status. I would like to know

(1) Any command to UP the whole storage server instead of UP individual disk pool

(2) Is it possible that the OST version conflict AND if I want to reinstall the OST in media server, will it change the existing configuration in Netbackup

(3) Any other issues which we should take into consideration

I'm not familiar with DD boost with netbackup, may be it's just a easy problem :)

p.s The ping between media server and DD is funtional.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

As Nagalla already have suggested:

Log in at my.datadoman.com and download the 64bit OST plugin for Netbackup 7.5. The NBU 6.5 32bit version will not work. 

It's really only 2 files that need to get replaced - you need to stop Netbackup on the Netbackup media servers when upgrading the OST plugin.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

yes,you would need to check DD compalteablity list, to see the current installed OST is support for  7.5 X or not..

if not first you would need to upgrade your OST plug-in first.

kat1234
Level 4
Partner Accredited
As I'm already upgrade to 7.5 now, I would like to know if I reinstall OST on all media servers, will it change my existing dd boost configuration? (I don't want to reconfigure it, as I don't know how to do it.)

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

it will not chage any configurataions...  its just upgrade the plug-in

make sure you are having supporte plug-in installed for Netbckup 7.5

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

As Nagalla already have suggested:

Log in at my.datadoman.com and download the 64bit OST plugin for Netbackup 7.5. The NBU 6.5 32bit version will not work. 

It's really only 2 files that need to get replaced - you need to stop Netbackup on the Netbackup media servers when upgrading the OST plugin.