cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deduplication pool catalog backup for appliace 5230

traghav86
Level 5

Good day 

Please advise is it necessary to do "Deduplication pool catalog backup" appliance where its connected as media server to windows master server.

Deduplication pool catalog backup - must not be on same appliance , can we use tape library or another disk msdp pool as storage unit ?

Rahul
5 REPLIES 5

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

I would be doing these - target doesn't matter, important it should be other media server then the one you are backing up.

So either tape or any other MSDP (not on this one backed up) or ADV on other server etc...

Symantec recommends that you use a storage unit that is attached to a NetBackup host other than the MSDP storage server-- what does it mean ? we should not use any other MSDP destination location for catalog backup.

Rahul

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You can use ANOTHER msdp pool for MSDP catalog backups.

e.g:

MSDP pool A send catalog backup to MSDP pool B

MSDP pool B send catalog backup to MSDP pool A

Please be aware MSDP catalog backup and the Netbackup catalog are two didifferent catalogs backups.

understand Nicolai

Thanks..

i have configured to run SYMC_NBA_Dedupe_Catalog to Datadomain storage which is another media server.

is this correct ?

Rahul

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I cannot say if that data domain is connected to the same or another media server - only you.  But you follow the intent in not writing the backup to the same device as where you may need to recover the backup from. E.g if MSPD is down DataDomain should be up and running