cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default entries when adding clients

nohup
Level 3

First off apologies if this is covered in documentation or another thread.  I looked but could not find anything.  Feel free to point me to that if this post is redundant.

In our environment there are commonalities for all new clients that are added to Netbackup including our 3 media servers as well as access control settings (Automatic) and an authentication domain.

Is there a way for me to set default values so that these default values are automatically added to all new clients when they are added to Netbackup rather then having to manually edit and apply the same values to every new client?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

5 REPLIES 5

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

you can use the slientclient.cmd scripts to install each client.   And in there you can specify the master and the media servers to be added.

But there is no place in the NB config to say add this to all clients.

Tim_Hansen
Level 5
Certified

To which values are you referring to?

nohup
Level 3

Sorry i did not make it clear, media servers and authentication domain.

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

What do you mean by this

"" access control settings (Automatic) and an authentication domain.""    ?

nohup
Level 3

I mean that I use access controls, and for every client I need to change the Access Control settings in the client properties to Automatic (default is Prohibit) and input my authentication domain, authentication Mechanism and Broker.  These values are always the same for every client, so I would like to have the ability to set these up as defualt values so that they are set that way when I add a client rather than having to set them for every client I add.