cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay between performing phase 1 and phase 2 imports...

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Is there a time limit between performing phase 1 and phase 2 imports?

I ask because I have been phase 1 importing several media for several weeks, but NBU no longer lists them as pending phase2.

The cataog import GUI screen is unable to find the images for import, nor does any combination of:

$ bpimport -PM -s 01/01/1970 00:00:00

....nor does:

$ bpimagelist -d 01/01/1970 00:00:00 -option PR_IMPORT_ONLY

NetBackup seems to remove the image catalog headers after a few days.

Anyone aware of this behaviour?

NBU ES v6.5.2A on Solaris 10 Sparc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Symantec Support have confirmed that image headers created by a phase 1 import of media are removed if the image has NOT been successfully phase 2 imported within 7 days.  This is an undocumented feature.  I can confirm that NBU ES v6.5.2A behaves in this way.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

I always thought that when you do the import (phase 1 or 2) it gets a new expriation date based on the first retention period.

so if the retention was 1 week and you did the import phase 1, that would get a new 1 week retention and would be expired after that week.

sdo

Thanks for the reply.

That's what I always thought.  I ran another phase 1 import three days ago, and another one this morning, and I'm waiting to see when it disappears, and then I'll look through the logs, hopefully a reason will be reported.

sdo

...correction re -option syntax:

$ bpimagelist -d 01/01/1970 00:00:00 -option ONLY_PRE_IMPORT

sdo
Symantec Support have confirmed that image headers created by a phase 1 import of media are removed if the image has NOT been successfully phase 2 imported within 7 days.  This is an undocumented feature.  I can confirm that NBU ES v6.5.2A behaves in this way.