cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk Storage server is down

Kasra_Hashemi
Level 5

Hi Everyone

Today I get this error : (2016) Disk Storage server is down.

We hade no change in our systems, and everything was working fine, but suddenly Today I got this error on all policies which their " policy Storage " Setting is configured to " SLP or Storage Lifecycle Policy ". My data domain has no issue and all communication ports are fine. 

To give you more information about my environment I have to tell you that I have one EMC data domain with some pools presented to Netbackup 8.0.

Netdigest
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tousif
Level 6

Hello,

The storage server goes down due to a communication issue. 

In NBU GUI " Credential > storage server property" uncheck other media servers and keep one media selected for that data domain to troubleshoot.

Clear the cache on that media server and restart the NetBackup services. Some time clearing cache and restarting service on master help to fix the issue.

If it still showing or after some time it go down then you have to check the communication of all media server connected to that storage server.

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tousif
Level 6

Hello,

The storage server goes down due to a communication issue. 

In NBU GUI " Credential > storage server property" uncheck other media servers and keep one media selected for that data domain to troubleshoot.

Clear the cache on that media server and restart the NetBackup services. Some time clearing cache and restarting service on master help to fix the issue.

If it still showing or after some time it go down then you have to check the communication of all media server connected to that storage server.

Regards,

It seems you are right, recently one of our team members left our company, after disabling his user account, this error has occurred(as far as I know He configured the DataDomain API and Installed on Netbackup), now I have some Critical backups running and I can not stop NBU Services, so as soon as they're finished I'll "bpdown and bpup" and will tell you the result.

Thanks alot @Tousif

Netdigest