cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Deleting a Client Remove it from the Catalog?

kbrandt
Level 4

If you delete a client from Netbackup 6.5, will previous backups for that client that have infinite retention be removed from the catalog?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Deleting a client from a policy or an deleting an entire policy will not and does not remove any backups recorded in the image catalog.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Deleting a client from a policy or an deleting an entire policy will not and does not remove any backups recorded in the image catalog.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
It does not Delete the information recorded in the catalog,

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
IF you want to than you have to  
manually delete it

Program file\veritas\netbackup\db\images\

here u will find a folder wid d client name which was deleted

SteveC
Level 3
Removing the client from the profile doesn't affect the previous backups, but what if you delete the client from the Management console?  Does it remove the client from the catalog? 

This question goes to licensing, too.  Scenerio: I want to replace a server with a newer one.  The new server will have new name.  I want to move the Netbackup client license from the old server to the new one. I uninstall the Netbackup client software from the old server and install it on the new one.

1)To be compliant with licensing, do I have to remove the old client name from the Management Console?
2) (Now the above question) If I remove the client from the Management Console, does that remove it from the catalog?

I'd like to be able to move the client license to the new server but still be able to restore from the old server's backups.

Thanks.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you delete the client name from all policies, it will no longer exist under Host Properties -> Clients.
This will not remove backup images under db/images/client_name. You will still be able to restore from old backups.
Client count for licensing purposes are taken from policy database.