Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEBs and licenses

C_J_Hund
Level 4
Certified

Hi all,

How would you go about determining which EEBs have been installed in an environment and what you're licensed to use>

Sincere thanks,
C.J.

3 REPLIES 3

rjrumfelt
Level 6
just execute

bpminlicense -verbose

This will list all features that you have licensed, as well as all of the other information regarding your license, such as expiration date, etc.

As for the EEB's - I'm not sure if there is a way to tell, other than just good documentation by the previous administrator - I'm assuming you're taking over an existing environment from somone else, or at least that is what it sounds like.

Maybe someone else knows of a better way to check.  I know that with the EEB's I've installed, I dont know of a good way to track other than the modified dates of the files that the EEB updated/replaced.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

EEBs installed using our installer should leave some traces in your pack.summary (/usr/openv/pack/pack.summary) as well as in the /usr/openv/pack/EEB directory.

I believe nbsu output can be helpful here as well.

You should never need any special licenses for EEBs - it's assumed that you'd only install EEBs for stuff for which you're already licensed, I think.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
you are licensed"

Well, you'd certainly hope so! ;)

Just to confirm Chris's wisdom, we have run one EEB in our time (& only recenetly) & info regarding same is exactly where suggested
i.e. in /usr/openv/pack/pack.summary and /usr/openv/pack/EEB (which currently contains a sub-directory for our current running level of NB - presumably there would be one for each level for which an EEB was applied).