Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMM 800

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified

Smiley Sad

Problem:

Ran the device wizard on a host, and now one of my libraries is not functioning.  I'm getting the following error:

Error nbjm (pid=xxx) NBU status: 800, EMM status: No Drives are available

resource request failed (800)

I've verified that the media type matches the robot type.  Verified storage unit properties, and in each individual drive that is in this library I've double checked the robot type.  I also checked the max concurrent drives. 

I also tried doing a drive diagnostic test and I got (800) resource request failed.

In the unified logging I'm seeing sql entries that say there are 0 drives available ... Yet all my drives are "UP" and I've tested them with robtest.

Master/media servers (HP-UX)

NB 6.0 MP7

Message Edited by Nathan Kippen on 12-18-2008 12:44 PM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified

The solution was to recycle netbackup.  Symantec's best guess was that there was a hung process.

They told me I could either stop and start netbackup, or I could reset my drives through the nbrb command:

Shows which resources are allocated./usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbrbutil -dump Release resources./usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbrbutil -resetAll

Either way, all my jobs had to be stopped.
Message Edited by Nathan Kippen on 12-18-2008 02:59 PM

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified

The solution was to recycle netbackup.  Symantec's best guess was that there was a hung process.

They told me I could either stop and start netbackup, or I could reset my drives through the nbrb command:

Shows which resources are allocated./usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbrbutil -dump Release resources./usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbrbutil -resetAll

Either way, all my jobs had to be stopped.
Message Edited by Nathan Kippen on 12-18-2008 02:59 PM