Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notification With bpbkar log as attachment

Twinkle_Sapra
Level 5
Certified

Hi

I am using Netbackp 5.1 ,WIN 2003 ENTERPRISE

I have set email notification for client in Host Property and i am getting mail in following format.

Backup on client xxxxxxx for user root by server xxxxxx succeeded.

Policy = CBackup_Server

Schedule = Backup_INCR

File list

---------

ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES

System_State:\

My boss is expecting a mail with  log status attachment of client with following information

1. Size of data backed up.

2.  Files skipped.

Is there is any script available or any script can be customized.

2 REPLIES 2

Stumpr2
Level 6
There is no aout of the box script provided by symantec.
Yes, there are scripts that exist and I'm quite sure someone in this forum will provide one that you can modify to meet your requirements. keep checking back for your answer.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
Hey Twinkle, what your boss wants is not easy, if not impossible.  The client side notify scripts don't know what files they've missed - you might be able to code something to trawl through the bpbkar logs - but if you have multi-streaming or detailed logging, it might take too long to process - assuming the file isn't locked anyway - and how do you determine what section of bpbkar is relevant to your job?  And if you have multi-streams then the log information from each job is interleaved in the log file too, making it even more difficult.

I'd suggest writing a script to run once a day - say just before your boss typically gets in, that processes/munges/filters/sorts and reports from a "bpdbjobs -all_coulmns" report and then emails your "executive" summary.   :)     It can be done, I'm not a great programmer, but I did do it.

If you're any good at scripting then it will take you about 40 to 60 man hours to create and hone such a script - and it will be a labour of love - and you'll have created a really useful script.  If you can't script, maybe you could pay someone else to create it   ;)

The above if for the activity/jobs/session summary - as for missed files...

If you want a report of all files missed across all servers, then this again is no easy task.  It can be done ;)  I know it can.  I've got our sites missed daily missed files down from 700+ to around 20 tough little critters that can't be shifted easily - so it goes.  Basically look at the "bperror" command.  Filtering the output/processing is weird and wonderful.  Best of luck.  Or pay someone else to do it?