cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency Engineering Binary (EEB) bundle NBU 7.5.0.3

Mathew_Burke
Level 4

I am preparing to upgrade my infrastructure to NetBakcup 7.5.0.3. It looks like I will need some Engineering Binaries even though I will be using the latest patch.

My question is “Are the Engineering Binaries cumulative?” Does NB_7.5.0.3_ET2838857_3.zip replace 1 and 2? Or do I just install of the EEB's?

It is hard to tell from reading the notes.

Does NB_7.5.0.3_ET2838857_3.zip contain all of the fixes also find in these two EEB's?

NB_7.5.0.3_ET2876501_1.zip
NB_7.5.0.3_ET2829119_2.zip

4 REPLIES 4

Will_Restore
Level 6

EEBs are for a particular situation and you only apply the ones that are required to fix a specific problem.  They are not necessarily cumulative. ET2829119 did have a version 1 and version 2.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

An EEB is numbered xxxxx_1

If another version of the same EEB is released, perhaps because it is improved in some way, it gets a _2 and so on.

So generally, for any EEB the latest version of that EEB is the one that should be applied.

So, the _3 'should' have the same fix as in _2 and _1 but is a later improved version.

Sometimes the later EEB has additional fixes, one that springs to mind is the EEB that fixes the 'End of physical media issue'.

The _1 version of the EEB changed the state of the tape(s) in the EMM database to 'fix' the problem.  Later it was found that some customers also had the issue that the drive was marked as down.  A new EEB that was version _2 was improved and fixed the tape in EMM (as per the _1 version) but additionally stopped the drive going down.

So generally, _3 would replace _2 or _1 but it is not really cumulative, it usually just a later version, but if it has an additional fix, like in my example it 'may' be cumulative.  If there is an additional fix, it will be related to the same issue.

Martin

Mathew_Burke
Level 4

I found I had to apply (ET2824075) After upgrading to NetBackup 7.5.0.3, VMware Backups started failing with "the backup failed to back up the requested files(6)" reported before I could backup anyting in VMWare.

The other issues I am worried about are:

ET2746518 - Calendar schedules
ET2836511 - virtual machine (VMware) backups run multiple times
ET2817226 - Differential incremental catalog backups
ET2832342 - bpdbm processes appear to be using excessive CPU time

ET2824762 - Active Directory Granular Backups fail. I want this
ET2824075 - VMware Backups started failing with "the backup failed to back up the requested files(6)" reported. I ran into this one during testing. Only way I can get VM Bakcups is wiht the hotfix!!

It looks like I should just apply each EEB as per individual issue.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Yep, if these EEBs are available on TNs they they should be fine to install.

Martin