cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 121 - no media is defined for the requested NB database backup

yvonne_ewry
Level 4

Hi all,

I have another quick concern that maybe someone on here can help me with.  In doing a Catalog backup, sometimes the job will error out with an error 121 - no media is defined for the requested NB database backup, yet when I check the Catalog Backup policy, the media is defined to use the CatalogBackup volume pool which contains available media in it.  This is not an Offline Catalog backup, but a hot Catalog backup.  I don't understand why this error keeps occurring when the media seems (in my view) to be defined for that policy...

Again, thank you for your input.  I appreciate it!
Yvonne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You're 100% sure it's the Hot Catalog policy failing with this error?
All documentation points to this error as being an offline catalog error.
Double-check the offline catalog backup settings to see that  'Only when manually initiated' is selected.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rishi_rich
Level 5

Message: no media is defined for the requested NB database backup

Explanation: NetBackup attempted to back up its internal databases (called catalogs on Windows NT) and there were no media IDs defined in the database backup configuration (called catalog backup on Windows NT).

Recommended Action: Add the media IDs to the NetBackup database backup configuration. Verify that the media IDs are in the NetBackup volume pool.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You're 100% sure it's the Hot Catalog policy failing with this error?
All documentation points to this error as being an offline catalog error.
Double-check the offline catalog backup settings to see that  'Only when manually initiated' is selected.

yvonne_ewry
Level 4
Hi Marianne,

Thank you for your reply back.  I will check and let you know what I find.  Thanks again.