cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 25 and 23 on solaris clients.

bitlord
Not applicable
I am having issues with some of my client backup. I'm getting an error of 25 when the backup finishes. When I check in "Host Properties" in the NetBackup GUI it the clients give me error 23. I restarted the NetBackup master server useing the netbackup stop/start command. I found a troubleshooting guide on this site for error 25 and ran though it. It was not able to find the proplem. These server are not new and have been working fine intill now. Things I did: I restarted the Master server useing this command. /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/netbackup stop/start I ran this command on the master server: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpps -a ---> the service was running I ran this command on the master server & the clients: netstat -a|grep bp --->the ports show listening A co-worker also retarted the bpcd in the inetd on the client. I checked the bp.conf file on both the master server & client. ---> Master server was listed 1st. as a server. Used telnet to connect to bpcd on the master server & client. Used bpclintcmd to check host names and IPs. Info: Netbackup version -- 6.5.4 Master server -- Solaris 10 Clients -- 2 Solaris 9 servers. Have 2 networks, one public and one private. Using NIS for the UNIX/RedHat servers. DNS is only on the public network. Provided by a Windows Server.
1 REPLY 1

woojacky
Level 2
Maybe this article would help:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/285057.htm

Else you might consider patching up your solaris.