cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 114

bfogliano
Level 4

I am having an issue with an error code 114 that says it is an unimplemented error code, can anyone give me an idea as to what this error means?  The problem is that when our backups run for one specific policy this error comes up on most of the attempts out of the eight attempts and then we get a 196 windows closed error which I understand.  If anyone has any ideas how to stop the 114 error I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Brandon

9 REPLIES 9

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

More info please:

NBU version on master still 7.0.1?

NBU version on the client? OS on client? Type of backup? What is different about this failing stream?

Please copy all the text in details tab of failing job and post here.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

"Examine the nbjm unified log (originator ID 117) for detailed information on the cause of the error."

So.....

DOCUMENTATION: Examples of using the "vxlogview" command to view VERITAS NetBackup (tm) Unified logging entries
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH42794

bfogliano
Level 4

Ok some of the info you asked for.  The version on the master is 7.0.1 the same goes for the client, we have two redundant servers running the master version, the client in question is a VM server running Windows 2003, the backup that is failing is a daily full.  The funny thing is that after the 8 attempts fail over night I can restart the job manually in the morning and it will complete on the first attempt.  Also this just started to happen about a week ago, when we did some server chassis moves, do you think that cabling somehow could be an issue? 

Thanks

Brandon

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If you made a 'change' amd the issue started directly after, then yes, this must be considered, but, is not necessarily the cause.

Think we need the logs on this ...

the nbjm log is '-o 117 '

To set this log :

vxlogcfg -a -p 51216 -o 116 -s DebugLevel=6 -s DiagnosticLevel=6

To 'view' the log :

vxlogview -p 51216 -i 116 -d all -t 00:20:00

Eg, show the last 20mins of log, relative to when you run the command.

Please ensure tha the log you post up covers the time period of the error.

Martin

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
It could be routing or DNS if you have changed anything in relation to that Check your routes first, especially if you have multiple nics in either of these - DNS applies then as well Worth running bpclntcnd -clear_host_cache on the client, master and media.servers to ensure they are up to date Odd that a manual backup works but nit a scheduled one - rings a bell - will get back to you if I remember why Hope this helps

bfogliano
Level 4

Ok I tried to run this from command line, is that correct?  I am getting an unrecognized command error, I'm probably doing something here.

bfogliano
Level 4

Ok thanks I'll give it a shot.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You need to run the command from the directory the command is in ...

The comamnds are in ...netbackup/bin

You should add the dirs. netbackup has commands in to the os PATH variable, then you can run any NBU command from anywhere.

Add these to he PATH ...

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin

/usr/openv/db

If windows ...

<install path>\veritas\volmgr\bin

<install path>\veritas\netbackup\bin

<install path>\veritas\

netbackup\bin\admincmd

Martin

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

IT could be as simple as in the morning, the server is less busy ...

Just a thought ...

Martin