Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while connecting with novel backup

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Novel version = 6
NBU OS is = Windows 2003 R2 (64bit)
NBU version =6.5.5

Novel has the client install for novel but i am facing the below error on the novel machine in NBU (see the below snap)

Any help will be appriciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Per_Holmgren
Level 4
Hi, a few questions to be able to help you better...

Was this client working previously and "just failed" now or is this a new Netware client installation ?

If it is a new installation:
Are all Netware related NLM's loaded (tsafs, smdr etc)
Was it the "Netware target client" that was installed ?
Has the client been configured ?
Has the client been loaded ?
Can the masterserver and Netware client ping each other by short name ?

/Per

ayodeji
Level 6
Certified

i tink u need to answer Per Holmgren questions. and also do check to ensure that u edit the hosts file of the client to include the master server entry.

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Thanks for all guys kind replies

ayodeji :  Yes i can ping via host name

Per :         it is a new installation
                 Are all Netware related NLM's loaded (tsafs, smdr etc)  ??? (what is this)
                 Was it the "Netware target client" that was installed ?    (WHat is this)
                how can i confirmed that the client is configured  and loaded ?
                Yes   the masterserver and Netware client ping each other by short name

Per_Holmgren
Level 4
Hi

Ok, if you have access to the netware server console you can type "m tsa*" and see if either TSA500, TSA600 or TSAFS is loaded. If any of the three is loaded then I'm sure that SMDR is also loaded. These Netware modules are loaded by smsstart.ncf in autoexec.ncf when the OS boots. Also you could try "m bp* on the console to see if the Netbackup client is loaded. Only installing the client will not load it. On the netware server console enter "bpstart" to start the client load process. Once that is done you have to configure the client. During configuration you can create target files for different resources. I usually start by creating a "SYS" target file. When you create a backup policy on the master server you refer to this target file (SYS) as a resource to back up.

Search for "Netware target client" here:
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/overview.jsp?pid=15143&view=kb
and you will find more information.

/Per