cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 db restore with NBU 6.5

duucfho
Level 3

Hello all.  I'm trying to restore an exchange 2007 db using nbu 6.5.  I've created the exchange recovery storage group, and verified that it is not mounted, and it can be overwritten.  however, when I initiate the restore, I get the following error:

11:59:28 (77675.001) (77675.001) ERR - unable to create object for restore: Microsoft Information Store:\EX01SG05\"Recovery Storage Group"\EX01MD05 (BEDS 0xE000FF00: Unable to restore some Microsoft Exchange components because one or more of the databases are currently mounted or because the Recovery Storage Group is not properly configured. Use the Exchange System Manager to check the configuration of the Recovery Stora)

I'm redirecting the restore to the "Recovery Storage Group" (i also tried it without the quotes).  I have it set to commit, but not mount.  I also have it set to do a point in time restore.  What am i missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

duucfho
Level 3

I managed to figure it out (rather simple error)

I was trying to restore to

Microsoft Information Store:\<storage group name>\Recovery Storage Group

The correct path is actually

Microsoft Information Store:\Recovery Storage Group

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

duucfho
Level 3

I managed to figure it out (rather simple error)

I was trying to restore to

Microsoft Information Store:\<storage group name>\Recovery Storage Group

The correct path is actually

Microsoft Information Store:\Recovery Storage Group

Rgkumar
Level 2

Hi

Can u please let me know the restoration process for the Exchange 2007 information store

I took the exchange 2007 information store backup, and i tried to restore it in the different location for some clarification, kindly help me

Regards

Kumar