cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 restore completes normally but database has some type of corruption

Pam_Daniel
Level 4
Certified

Is it common for an Exchange 2007 restore of a single database in the Information Store to an alternate location to complete normally but the database shows some type of corruption.  They need to run a command to clean it up which will take hours.

Netbackup 6.5.3 Master server

Client is running 6.5 on Windows 2003 SP2

When I ran the restore the Exchange Admins had me do a point in time recovery and not commit after last backup set is restored.

1 REPLY 1

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

When doing the restore to a RSG (which should have its own space configured on disk ( which you specify when creating the RSG)0 you need to do the restore and choose Roll-forward Recovery - which just applies the logs to the RSG and not to any live exchange SG.  Make sure that in the restore you are also restoring everything to a different location giving the RSG as the location.

When the restore is done you should be able to mount the RSG OK.

(this is based on how I do my restores and how I setup the RSG - I just don't think it will work with out the logs.  And the logs are the ones you are getting from the same backup that has the SG.  So when i rolls the logs forward it is only rolling those logs that were taken at the time of the backup - not All logs since then).

I have never done a point in time restore.