cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange backup partial failure

Funktastik
Level 3

Hi,

One of our back up jobs for exchange 2003 keeps returning a partial failure when it encounters ~MAPISP(internal) in a users mailbox. I understand that netbackup doesn't liek the ~ symbol and wondered if any one knew a work around or way to remove the ~mapisp(internal) object from the back up seletion.

Cheers
David

4 REPLIES 4

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Have you had a look at exclude lists?

Don't use Exchange but Admin Guide seems to indicate that exclude lists are similar to those of 'normal' clients.

HTH.

Funktastik
Level 3

I tried adding it to the exclude list however io can only drill down to the large mailbox store files and not into the individual mailboxes. I aslo tried adding this as a path :Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\Bloggs, Joe [bloggsj]\~0MAPISP(Internal)\ but not unsuprisingly it didn't work either...

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Does it not like the exclude_list or does it accept the exclude_list but just ignore it?

- if it doesn't like the ~ then maybe replace it with a wildcard *.

- would there be an issue excluding this folder if needing to restore?

Is it just one users mailbox that is causing the issue or all users with the folder that you're trying to exclude?

- just wondering if there's an issue/corruption on one user & that's why it's failing.

Any one else out there backing up Exchange that could shed some light on this?

Funktastik
Level 3

First attempt I tried drilling down from the Admin Console client properties and adding the exception in there. That failed to exclude the file, next attempt was to use backup/Restore on the client exchange server, drill down into the mail boxes, locate the folder and add it to the exclude list. Both times it showed up on the exclude list for the client, however I still get "failed to enumerate folder" warning.

Multiple users are affected and I can't get down to the folder in Exchange System Manger and it doesn't show in the users mail box folder list

I 90% sure it's the ~ character and if I could rename it that would solve my problems. Maybe I should be posting on an exchange forum