Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude-List on clients

Dirk_Mueller
Level 5
Hello,

we are using NB 6.5.3.1 on Windows2003.
I want to check the exclude list of any client - nearly 350 clients.
So I´m searching for a VBScript.

Do you have any Script to readout the exclude list???

Kind regards
Dirk Müller
10 REPLIES 10

seemayur
Level 3
I don't have a vb script handy, but if you are good with scripting, all you need to do is look at the registry value - HKML\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackupCurrentVersion\Config\Exclude on any client. This holds the list of exclusions. Mayur

Deepak_W
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 Hi Dirk,
you can view exclude list for any client by entering below mentioned command from admincmd

bpgetconfig -M <client-name> -x exclude

this will display exclude list for mentioned client, whereas if you can run this command without -x switch for getting all details for mentioned client.

do revert for any queries.

Stumpr2
Level 6
There are good 3rd party tools to view registry entries across the domain.
also
bpgetconfig works good if the master serrver has access to the clients.
Unfortunately I have master servers that cannot connect with the clients and the command has to be run from its media server.

FrSchind
Level 5
Partner
If your clients are also Windows servers, you can edit the Exclude Lists via the Master Servers GUI. Just select all (Windows) machines and right-click properties. In the Exclude List are some black entries - these are on all servers, some grey entries - these are on some servers. There are buttons like add to all - these should be self-explaining.

Dirk_Mueller
Level 5
Hi@ll,

I know this ways to read the exclude-list manually.
I hoped to get a script to read the exclude-list of all win-servers.

@bob
Can you tell me some 3rd party tools?

Kind regards
Dirk

Stumpr2
Level 6
Sorry Dirk,
I don't know of the names and I have not actually done it but I have had windows administrators tell me it is possible.
having said that, I did a little bit of googling and found this link

http://t00ls.blogspot.com/2005/09/registry-change-for-all-userscomputers.html

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
<install_path>/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpgetconfig -M client_name -x Exclude will do the trick.

You can build up a list of client_names using the command <install_path>/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpplclients & filter out the clients you need , then feed the resulting output file into the above command. I've scripted something similar but it is for our Solaris-based Master (no good at Wintel scripting, sorry :( )

FrSchind
Level 5
Partner
This will work on a windows master with clients >=6.5.2:

for /F %i in ('bpplclients ^| gawk "{print $NF}"') do bpgetconfig -e %i %i

gawk is part of the unix utilities for windows, you could also build a for-construct for this if you like - but gawk makes it easier. This will create a file named like the client, containing the clients excludes.

The "new" bpgetconfig and bpsetconfig allows you to set the exclude list on nearly the same way:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/316533.htm

--------------- OK, the stuff above just works for unix+linux -------------------

for /F %i in ('bpplclients ^| gawk "{print $NF}"') do bpgetconfig -M %i -x Exclude

does work for Windows.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
Thanks for that link.
 Not for me but for the other guy that works with me - he being a windows person!
that would be helpful to him if he has to do anything to unix clients when I am out.

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
Thanks Frerk.

Let me check in My Environment and Let you know the output Frerk.