cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude file extension in windows

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, my master and media servers are NBU 7.1 on windows 2008 r2. Most of my clients are on Windows 2003/2008. My question is: can I configure NetBackup to exclude certain file extension such as .doc? I know from client properties I can exclude a directoy but my requirement is to exclude a certain type of file from backup. This type of file can be in any drives in the client server.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, we do it all the time. Just add * before the extention. For example, we add the following for all SQL clients:

*.mdf
*.ldf

This is also documented in Admin Guide I.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, we do it all the time. Just add * before the extention. For example, we add the following for all SQL clients:

*.mdf
*.ldf

This is also documented in Admin Guide I.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

that when the backup kicks in it will assess its exclude list first so if it is a very large server this may require your timouts to be increased to allow for this gathering phase is using a wildcard like this.

Also - under client Host Properties you can select all clients and hit "Enter" to connect to all of them in one go (takes a while depending on how many clients you have) and then set the exclusion which will be applied to all clients.

This is handy for C:\Temp or *RECYCLER

Hope this helps